New Wood Hauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adkjake

Burning Hunk
Jan 3, 2010
Adirondack High Peaks
New to me anyway, 2006 Dodge Dakota with only 31,500 miles on i, V8 with a 6 speed stick, was hoping for an automatic, but was such a nice truck and good deal, went for it. Actually kind of fun to drive, haven't had to work thru the gears in sometime. Won't have to use the Outback and trailer anymore to haul wood, the boat, ATV, wood splitter, kayaks, etc.

Dodge Dakota.JPG

Sharp looking truck . . . and trust me on this . . . you'll appreciate the V-8 when hauling stuff. Going from my anemic V-6 in a Toyota 4Runner to a very strong V-8 Nissan Titan has made a world of difference in hauling stuff (such as not having the gas pedal mashed to the floor after getting a running start on a hill and still slowing down to a crawl by the time you get to the top.)

I'd still use the trailer.....more wood:cool:

I can't believe you found one with a clutch and gearshift!

Reactions: Angelo C
Status
Not open for further replies.