New wood shed build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Oct 29, 2008
Clarksburg, WV
aol.com
After looking at several wood sheds on here I thought I would get started. Had to build a deck since I'm on a hill Shed floor is 6x10 with a foot over hang around all sides. Made deck with 2x8s with extra braces and blocks for support. Still need roll roofing put on and maybe lattice. All wood has been seasones for two years. I know it needs a lot of weight so I hope it holds.

Attachments

• 4915928579_9a9e2728c5_m.jpg
    4915928579_9a9e2728c5_m.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 569
  • 4915922145_c0e985e37a_m.jpg
    4915922145_c0e985e37a_m.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 603
Ha Vincent over in Carksburg

I see you built your shed I built one too but can't figure how to post pictures yet. Looks good to me should do the job. And keep that wood dry.

Cpt. over in Front Royal

Very nice.
Definitely a WV shed, on a hill :) (I'm originally WV'n, Preston Co)

Mine still need roofing, probably roll also.

Good job

cptoneleg said:

I see you built your shed I built one too but can't figure how to post pictures yet. Looks good to me should do the job. And keep that wood dry.

Cpt. over in Front Royal
I made a FlickR account and posted the pictures there and then it worked

bogydave said:
Very nice.
Definitely a WV shed, on a hill :) (I'm originally WV'n, Preston Co)

Mine still need roofing, probably roll also.

Good job
Ya, I remember you saying, you was from Albright, WV. Not the size of your wood shed but I just burn 3 days a week, so 2 cords shed will be fine for me . Thanks

Vincent said:
cptoneleg said:

Cpt. over in Front Royal
I made a FlickR account and posted the pictures there and then it worked

Ok Flicker act. no the horse the act. they didnt even have electric typwriters when I went to school. If I dont figure it out soon I will get some help. I want to post some pictures. Am proud of improvements I have made sice discovering this site.

Cain't Hardly wait to start my Burning Experince with my new Stove and knowledge.

Cpt

Vincent, welcome to the Hearth.
Nice shed. Wow, that's quite the slope to deal with, and I don't envy that situation at all.
Suggestion, resize your pics to 800x600, or even a little bigger.You'll still be able to put 3, maybe 4 pics per post that way and they'll be much easier to see when clicked on.
Does Flickr only allow a much smaller size than I suggested? They'll show up here just fine @ 800x600.

PapaDave said:
Vincent, welcome to the Hearth.
Nice shed. Wow, that's quite the slope to deal with, and I don't envy that situation at all.
Suggestion, resize your pics to 800x600, or even a little bigger.You'll still be able to put 3, maybe 4 pics per post that way and they'll be much easier to see when clicked on.
Does Flickr only allow a much smaller size than I suggested? They'll show up here just fine @ 800x600.

800 x 600 Im going to get one show up someday. Going to try right nopw.

I can appreciate the hills. My son goes to WVU and we live it Pittsburgh. The hills keep in pretty, but can make some challenges. I am sure it will hold up, unfortuneatly you had to use alot of extra wood for the deck and you probably will have to climb up and down quite a bit. But worth the effort. With a skid steer you could have probably leveled out a shelf, but it would probably cost as much to rent one as building the deck.

GolfandWoodNut said:
I can appreciate the hills. My son goes to WVU and we live it Pittsburgh. The hills keep in pretty, but can make some challenges. I am sure it will hold up, unfortuneatly you had to use alot of extra wood for the deck and you probably will have to climb up and down quite a bit. But worth the effort. With a skid steer you could have probably leveled out a shelf, but it would probably cost as much to rent one as building the deck.
Ya, Lots of extra wood for deck. Last winter we were getting big snow storms and my firewood kept getting buried, and I got tired of digging it out, I wanted to build one last year but got lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.