New wood shed loaded and ready to go

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle19

Jun 17, 2010
Rockland County, NY
I finished my new wood shed about a month ago but I waited until I filled it up to post some pictures. It's 8x16x8 so theoretically I could fit 8 cords in there but i'm not climbing up on a ladder to load it. I figure I have close to 6 cords in there now. I got the design from a fellow poster (Crash) who helped me out. The only thing I did was make it a little bigger. The left side has smaller splits which consist of mostly ash and oak. The right side is my "overnight bombers" which are mainly red maple and red oak. I hope you guys enjoy the pics!!! Now all I need is some cold weather to get some fires going.

Attachments

• IMG_3377.jpg
    IMG_3377.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_3378.jpg
    IMG_3378.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_3379.jpg
    IMG_3379.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_3380.jpg
    IMG_3380.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 833
Really nice, is the wood all pressure treated??

Yes the wood is all pressure treated. Also it helps that all you guys post photos of things. I never would have built something like this if i hadn't seen it on here first. So Thanks. And it also helps that i have a buddy who is a carpenter.

Kyle19 you have a very nice woodshed, great job.

zap

It's a real beauty, Kyle, nice job! You're really gonna appreciate all your efforts when the snow's flying and piling up but your firewood is clean and dry. Rick

Good job, I have to build those one of these years. Location seems to be the key, how close to the house without letting bugs into the house but not too far for a cold winters walk. Also at basement level where I have to climb a flight of stairs or at first floor level where it might be a little too close but the easiest walk. How close did you make yours to the house/stove?

I built mine next to my driveway. It's not a far walk with a wood cart into the house. I didn't want to put it in the yard and have to meander through the snow to get wood. i Know that i will always plow my driveway so it should be an easy run into the house.

Nice shed. I built a small one last year based on pics that had been posted. Great job.

if you dont mind me asking im starting to plan on building mine here real soon. how much did it cost you all together?

This one cost $600.00 give or take alittle the sheets on the roof were free.

Attachments

• SDC10039.jpg
    SDC10039.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 575
The total cost was about $900. I could have cut some costs in places but i wanted it to last so i went with everything pressure treated even the rafters.

Mine cost me nothing. I built it from old pallets and some surplus roofing felt I had lying around.

Very nice looking shed, since I found this site, looking at the pictures of sheds inspired me to build mine, which our sheeds could be brothers they must have developed from some of the same posts. Good luck and enjoy your new sheed.

Cpt :)

thats not bad a all. saving up to do mine now. will see how far i get on it this year if i can at least get it up and have a roof on it just for this year then ill finish it in the spring. and maybe just tarp the sides for the winter.

Very nice looking woodshed. Just needs a little more wood to make it complete. :)

Awesome shed
Almost full of wood too.
Thing of beauty :)

Good job

Status
Not open for further replies.