New Wood Shed Phase One. . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigg_Redd said:
I have no camera so no pics. And no pics will be forthcoming so cram it.

Yeah my wood shed is ugly too so I don't post pics of it. I understand.

RNLA said:
I am so disappointed there are no pics but then again I have a camera and can't get the pictures to post right. I guess I'll cram it. :blank:

Try Picasa. Super-simple, works.

......I'm seein' some real worth in keepin' this thread alive :)

I don't have a wood shed and you ain't gettin' any pictures of the shed I don't have either.....

Q: What do you do with a 6x10 railroad tie if it doesn't fit in its hole?

A: Cram it!

Here's a picture of the woodshed I don't have:

Rear view:

Side view:

Sattellite:

PapaDave said:
snowleopard said:
Q: What do you do with a 6x10 railroad tie if it doesn't fit in its hole?

A: Cram it!

Here's a picture of the woodshed I don't have:

Rear view:

Side view:

Sattellite:

I like the side view best.

Amazingly his shed looks exactly like mine did before I built it! What are the odds of that happening? :)

Ray

Ya know if you dont know what is going on in this thread you will be lost.

I would like a wood shed but according to the building inspector of my township the rules would make it farther from my house than I would like and at a too small size that it wont be worth it, so I cant take pics of it either. I do have Bluebirds in one nesting box and House Swallows in another in my yard, does that count for anything? Although they are too small for wood storage once nesting is complete.

ChrisNJ said:
I would like a wood shed but according to the building inspector of my township the rules would make it farther from my house than I would like and at a too small size that it wont be worth it, so I cant take pics of it either. I do have Bluebirds in one nesting box and House Swallows in another in my yard, does that count for anything? Although they are too small for wood storage once nesting is complete.

In my town if a shelter has no sides it is not defined as a shed.. I pay no taxes on mine as it is not a shed.. See what they define as a shed you may find a loophole there.. I secure tarps around all sides at the top them bungy them down and roll them up in late spring so it is wide open.. I always get air flow this way...

Ray

I just cleared and somewhat leveled my area for our shed(12X24)...I can't believe I was actually thinking about taking some pics :)

muncybob said:
I just cleared and somewhat leveled my area for our shed(12X24)...I can't believe I was actually thinking about taking some pics :)

Exactly. Pics, schmics. One of 3 things will happen if I post pics:

1) Everyone will "oooooooooo" and "aaaaahhhhhhhh" and say how great it is. But I already know this. And I feel not the slightest inclination or desire for the affirmation of people I have not met and do not know.

2) The opposite of #1 will happen. And I still won't care.

3) No reaction whatsoever

4) Some combination of #s 1, 2, and 3.

Ooooooohhhhh . . . . ahhhhhhhh . . . looking good . . .

Looks like you need more corner diagonal bracing in the left corner and you might want to consider adding a Wurlitzsnapper to keep the roof secured in the event of a tsunami.

;) :)

firefighterjake said:
Ooooooohhhhh . . . . ahhhhhhhh . . . looking good . . .

Looks like you need more corner diagonal bracing in the left corner and you might want to consider adding a Wurlitzsnapper to keep the roof secured in the event of a tsunami.

;) :)

+1 would have not caught that if you didnt point it out!

Bigg_Redd said:
And I feel not the slightest inclination or desire for the affirmation of people I have not met and do not know.

...Yet feels the need to post to those same people on a forum named "The wood shed" :lol:

Did a crossword puzzle the other day, and the solution turned out to reveal a quip attributed to Will Rogers:

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like." %-P Rick

fossil said:
Did a crossword puzzle the other day, and the solution turned out to reveal a quip attributed to Will Rogers:

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like." %-P Rick

Yeah, but did they take pictures of the stuff??

Jags said:
Bigg_Redd said:
And I feel not the slightest inclination or desire for the affirmation of people I have not met and do not know.

...Yet feels the need to post to those same people on a forum named "The wood shed" :lol:

I am the same way about my Lamborghini.

BrotherBart said:
Jags said:
Bigg_Redd said:

I am the same way about my Lamborghini.

How much wood does a Lamborghine hold

I just finnished my wood shed its 186' 9 and 3/4 inchs x 11'11and 7/8 and filled it full of shagbark hickory this afternoon. How many cords you thinks in there? Will not be doing pic's either!

Adios Pantalones said:
but I got sunblock all over my camera lens.

Is that "code" for something else?

Adios Pantalones said:
Smokin J- you must have got the same plans as I did. Mine's full of BBQ, with naked wimmin folk sunbathing on the roof. I'd take a picture, but I got sunblock all over my camera lens.

That's funny same things going on here...I call it the double D,double B- Q. Sure wish the sunblock didn't mess with the camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.