New wood shed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SWNH

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
Project started and completed this past week while on vacation.

7 1/2' x 20'. 6' 3" at the door, 5' at the rear, 8' peak. 6ft from the garage, so my ATV has plenty of room to pass by for loading/unloading. Wire fencing along the back to hold in any leaning stacks. 18" rear roof overhang. Pressure treated platform framing, KD rafters, deck and roof made from 1.125" T&G plywood (bought for $11/sheet used). Beams and boards from trees I milled years ago.

Should hold 6+ cords. Moving this winter's wood supply (seasoned 18 month already) into it this coming week. Another shed of the same design (but a little bigger and enclosed) will be built where the wood is now to house some of my outdoor power equipment.

Attachments

• shed_1.jpg
    shed_1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 944
  • shed_2.jpg
    shed_2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 938
  • shed_3.jpg
    shed_3.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 955
nice work. I like the wire fencing idea .keeps the stacks where they belong and maximizes air circulation.

Pretty spiffy there Peter. I like the saw detail on the end. Now it's time to fill er up!

Pete nice looking woodshed about how many hours did it take?

zap

zapny said:
Pete nice looking woodshed about how many hours did it take?

Roughly 20 for me and the wife to build the deck and frame. Another 10 for the roof and sides with a friend helping (who is a carpenter). All this in 90+ heat.

Looks sharp Peter . . . I too like the saw on the end.

I like the whole dang thing. Rick

Great looking shed.
Good job.
Love the saw on the side, does it have a history?
Now, lets see the pictures with it full of wood, so we all can have a beer & stare at it. :)

Awesome! I may just have to steal that design! :lol:

Here's another fellow who likes it. Good work Peter. You'll like it even more when it is full.

I'm not sure.............dry the wood then let us each take a 1/2 cord and test it before you junk up your stove :)

bogydave said:
Great looking shed.
Good job.
Love the saw on the side, does it have a history?
Now, lets see the pictures with it full of wood, so we all can have a beer & stare at it. :)

No history on the saw. An old friend gave it to me. I'll turn another handle for it someday. In the meantime, start chilling a brew:

Attachments

• shed_4.jpg
    shed_4.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 653
That's very well done ! And , thanks for the website . I'm gonna steal Your idea !! :)

Very nice shed ,well done I plan on building one on my vacation in august

Joutl Oslo

cptoneleg
I'm from Clarksburg and will be doing the same next week

Burned wood for for over 20 years in my old whats called around her (smoke dragon) I was doing some remodeling gave it away and bought a new Joutl Oslo And caint wait for cold weather Live on the side of Moutain near Front Royal Va.

Status
Not open for further replies.