New wood stove on the way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealcove

Feeling the Heat
Apr 24, 2008
Maine
I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all of the useful information that can be found here. I am new to these forums, but I spent quite a bit of time searching here to aid in the selection of a new wood stove. My wife & I are in the process of renovating/enlarging our home, and it was time to upgrade from our little Lopi Answer stove. The new house will be approximately 2200 square feet, and though we will have a nice new NTI Trinity gas furnace, I want the ability to heat 100% with wood. Our new house layout is ideal for wood, and the stove placement is central with great ventilation to all rooms. I had been sold on a Lopi Leyden, but some of the reviews had me questioning that choice. In the end I purchased a Jotul F600, and I think I will be pleased with this selection. I wont get to test it until next fall, but I will report back when the time comes. In the meantime I need to install the Lopi Answer in my boat shop. I think it will work well for this new application.

SC

Good choice SC. Be sure to take some pictures of the F600 in its new home.

I will be sure to post pics when it is installed. I have a bit of work to do before that time, but I did get the location figured out so we can install the through roof parts for the Excel chimney. Have to get that done early this week to be ready for the new standing seam roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.