New wood stove owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyjohn

Minister of Fire
Mar 29, 2008
southcentral Ct
Hello all!Looks like a great site for woodstove chit chat.I just bought a Harman Exception Wood insert for my Fireplace.I have a small 1600 sqft colonial and hoping this stove will do most of the winter heating.Wood wont be a problem since i have a few acres of woods to cut from.The stove was delivered a week ago but hasnt been installed yet due to a very windy day and the gold trim door hasnt come in yet!seems that the door dosnt come with the stove.The company i bought the stove is going to install the stove insert with a 6" sleel flex pipe all the way to the top of the chimney.I bought the harman because ive heard over the years that they make good stoves!I just learned the last few days that Dane Harman had recently sold his company!Im hoping i still made a wise choice on buying the harman since now im not sure what will happen to harman since it has been sold.Im sure ill be asking more questions later!thanks for your time! Stan

stanleyjohn said:
Hello all!Looks like a great site for woodstove chit chat.I just bought a Harman Exception Wood insert for my Fireplace.I have a small 1600 sqft colonial and hoping this stove will do most of the winter heating.Wood wont be a problem since i have a few acres of woods to cut from.The stove was delivered a week ago but hasnt been installed yet due to a very windy day and the gold trim door hasnt come in yet!seems that the door dosnt come with the stove.The company i bought the stove is going to install the stove insert with a 6" sleel flex pipe all the way to the top of the chimney.I bought the harman because ive heard over the years that they make good stoves!I just learned the last few days that Dane Harman had recently sold his company!Im hoping i still made a wise choice on buying the harman since now im not sure what will happen to harman since it has been sold.Im sure ill be asking more questions later!thanks for your time! Stan

Welcome Stan, I believe Dane is still with the company as some sort of consult.
You should be fine, let us know how ya make out with the install, post pics of fire when its in, & don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how stupid you may think they are.
Contrary to popular belief, we were all new owners at one time.

Harman is a great company, you wont have any problem with service from them. They got bought out a few months ago, but Dane is still running the show. Its kind of like how Chevy, or Buik is to General motors.

:down: Getting alittle frustrated on delays getting my stove installed.They called it off today due to rain,it stoped here but roof still wet.First it was the wind 40 mph gusts,now the rain.They will try again next tue!For now weather looks ok for that day.Ill post some pics shortly after stove is installed.I can understand why they would want nice weather! Its 30 feet up and power lines not too far from the chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.