New woodburner wants to say thanks.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a happy camper. I haven't used a drop of fuel oil since the F600 woodstove was installed this fall. The stove is located in the kitchen on the extreme west side of this drafty large old farmhouse. The floor plan couldn't be much worse for heat transfer, its so broken up. The temps right now are in single digits. The kitchen is 82 degrees and the other rooms are in the low to mid sixties. I'm mostly burning ash and cherry split and stacked a year and a half ago. Next years wood is C/S/S and I'm starting on the future stash even have a couple cords of oak cut and split for much later on.

You folks have played a large part in getting me where I am today and I am grateful. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have had a clue as to what it takes to be prepared, nor the motivation to make it happen. In a couple years I'll be able to tap into the oak for even more heat output and things will be even better.

Thank you all for helping me make choices that have worked out so well for me.

Do you have a blower on the F600? What kind of burn times are you seeing? This group has been a great resource for me as well -- grew up burning wood but pre-EPA stoves operate in a fundamentally different manner and I've learned a lot here.

Well a stubborn Dutchman should really be happy with those results. Now if you can stop some of those old drafts you'll really be happy.

LIJack said:
Do you have a blower on the F600? What kind of burn times are you seeing? This group has been a great resource for me as well -- grew up burning wood but pre-EPA stoves operate in a fundamentally different manner and I've learned a lot here.

No blower on the stove. My bedroom is directly over the kitchen and there is enough warmth coming thru the flooring to make for comfortable sleeping.

Re burn times. I usually reload about 11:00 p.m. and have a strong bed of coals at about 6:00 a.m. with a stove top temp at a little over 200 degrees. I do reload often during the day and the ash pan is full when I dump it every other day. Probably because of so much Ash wood being burnt. The thermostat is set at 58 and the temps in the living room(opposite side of the house) haven't dropped enough to trigger the furnace. I'm sure that will change once it gets closer to zero but I can sure live with that. By then I will turn on a floor fan to push some cool air into the kitchen. I tried it twice and it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.