New workshop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
When we first moved in I put a workbench in the garage. Then the garage got so full of crap I couldn't move in it, so I figured it was time to start spreading stuff around. In finishing the basement I managed to carve out space for a small shop. I decided to make the "workbench" (it used to be up against the wall in the garage) into a "worktable" since I had the space. It should be more useful that way. The bench itself is made from a steel crate that held Mercury outboards and solid oak table tops that came from the snack bar of an ice rink I used to work at. The vise was $10 at a yardsale. It'll be much better to work where its warm in winter and cool in summer, plus there's a slop sink next to the laundry machines and the pantry is nearby for when I need a snack. Future plans include shop lights (salvaged from the drop ceiling on the finished side), an outlet strip, and lots of shelving:

Shop001.jpg

Shop005.jpg

Looks like a nice warm place to work.

"THE MAN CAVE" Sweet!
Floor is a mess so STAY OUT :lol:

Nice job. I do a lot of work my basement too, some days it is cool down there. I can't hook up a wood stove down there. I am going to look for a pellet stove at some point or one of those window sized pellet heaters. I will wait for them to come down in price.

That'll make a nice work space. I've restored a couple of motor-cycles in a basement. Hard to get down the stairs ,but rode them out. luckily the stairs weren't steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.