New XXV Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YAK, if you don't mind, what was your "package deal" and how much did it cost you?

Good lookin stove ya got there ;-)
Nice setup! Congrats and Enjoy!

lbcynya, what don't you like about top vent kit on xxv? I was thinking of getting one

bbone said:
lbcynya, what don't you like about top vent kit on xxv? I was thinking of getting one

well, it's only supposed to be used with 6" class A....that's the first problem. Next, my dealer ended up using 4" pellet pipe with a 6" single wall "jacket" to get the look resulting in too many parts/pieces. Cleaning the top vent portion will require removal and it's square further complicating the cleaning process.

wow, nice deal I am jealous!

I paid 4200 for stove and pellets. No install. Nice move!

lightyear said:
wow, nice deal I am jealous!

I paid 4200 for stove and pellets. No install. Nice move!

Never ware good clothes when looking for a stove. They see ya coming.

Hey, how far does the vent extend outside the house ?? Pic??

gfreek said:
Hey, how far does the vent extend outside the house ?? Pic??

Haha. +1. Yak, you've obviously created the new "gold standard" here and we're all envious. :)

You might as well save some time and post the bill of materials because you know that question is coming next (prices not necessary)! That way all us crazy XXV owners can duplicate your super clean install! Thanks.

Finally above zero out, here's some pictures of the outside pipe

Attachments

• pipe_001.jpg
    pipe_001.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 133
  • pipe_002.jpg
    pipe_002.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 142
  • pipe_003.jpg
    pipe_003.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 118
great, thanks for the pics