New Years Eve plans?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

Whats everyone doing to ring in the new year?

For us it will be prime rib at our fav supper club, then to the Hockey game(USHL) tier 1 junior hockey, then we have a few other options.(undecided)

Lets here it.

I'm afraid not much this year. Total left hip replacement a little over two weeks ago has put the clampers on everything for awhile. Better giving up a New Year celebration than another summer not being able to ride the Harley because I can't swing the leg over it.

Prime rib sounds great! Enjoy!

Staying home with the wife and kids. Finger foods and movies, then after the kids go to bed, well......Happy New Year!

I am on-call 24/7 for my job. So, that means I must remain alcohol-free and stay somewhat local. The wife and I are going over my brother's to watch his kids so he and his wife can go out.

I am watching the Flyers-Rangers alumni game right now.

Staying home and having friends over. Been a tradition for the same dozen people every year.

Cleaned the Bar downstairs last night. Polished the Fooseball table, swept the Pool table and got Adult beverages on ice.

Good times.

Granddaughter will be arriving around 6. Got the Jack Daniels kielbasa in the crockpot, wifes making salsa and "painkiller" drinks!! had one of these when we went to NH, Thornton (go there every year for our anniversary) area and stopped at the Woodpecker pub and eatery, having finger foods as well, staying in and enjoying our time with our granddaughter. She'll probably be the only one who makes it to midnight!

Happy New Year

Finishing up some computer training on estates, then steak and crablegs with a bottle of Glen Livet just picked up today, movies with wife and baby. Very low key. Just how I like it.

DexterDay said:
Staying home and having friends over. Been a tradition for the same dozen people every year.

Cleaned the Bar downstairs last night. Polished the Fooseball table, swept the Pool table and got Adult beverages on ice.

Good times.

My invite musta got lost in the mail?

smoke show said:
DexterDay said:

Good times.

Nope... Just has not gotten there yet.....

More than welcome anytime your in the area. Planning a Vacation this Summer. Plan to drive around the U.S and see the sights (and grab any new brands of pellets I see :p) Take about 2 weeks to do it and a U-haul truck.

DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay said:

Good times.

Nope... Just has not gotten there yet......

Least you got one! :red:

imacman said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Really Pete? I figured you'd have one heck of a bash. :cheese:

Me? Well I got a date with some of smoke show's avatar, A nice steak/shrimp cooked on the barb-charcoal even and Testing some Platinum Fire pellets. :cheese: Nothing like pellet testing on the holidays. Just finished the Geneva's and will post info over at the other site later tonight!

Might sneek up on the wifey when she isn't expecting it! %-P

WENT OUT AND GOT MY BOOZE FOR MY DRINK.....johnny vegas's!!! ohh yeah !!! nothing like spending 100 bucks on booze just for two people hahahah..got a buncha peeps coming over..
pool table- check
beer pong table- check
card table-check
music and food-check

johnny vegas's-$100
food-$50
party hats n noise makers-40
getting all crunk n toasted............priceless!!!!

got some pills on the bed stand for me to take in the am :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE BE SAFE DRIVE SAFE AND IF YA GOTTA DRIVE JUST CLOSE ONE EYE.............REMEMBER BUZZ DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING!!!!!!!!!!! HEHE

one of the daughters and her husband came to visit for a while. He is home on leave from Kuwait. He has to go back Jan 3ed. We were lucky to have him home for Christmas. Had Chinese take out, Had to stand an hour in the lobbty waiting for it even though we called in the order a half hour before. Lobster was tough as boot leather, but the rest of the meal was fair. We will sit up until Mn. Often up until then or later anyway.
Happy New Year!

You are reading my new year plans. I usually stay home on amateur night!

We are enjoying 80F temps downstairs thanks to our pellet stove. Had family over for Rib-eye steaks and tons of other good food. Flew my R/C planes as much as I wanted all day due to near calm conditions. Ahh....just gotta let the slice of pie settle before I go get another one :)

We did the usual . . . took the kids out for Hibachi and we were home by 8:30 p.m. Now, we'll just stay up until the kids fall asleep. Hopefully, I'll outlast them.

We grabbed takeout Chinese and headed to moms for diner and a movie. Now we are home enjoying a Boddingtons and the stove while watching the New Years Eve stuff on TV.

DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay said:

Good times.

Nope... Just has not gotten there yet.....

More than welcome anytime your in the area. Planning a Vacation this Summer. Plan to drive around the U.S and see the sights (and grab any new brands of pellets I see :p) Take about 2 weeks to do it and a U-haul truck.

It might be time for an intervention my friend!!! Bar, Fooseball, Pool and Adult beverages!! Color me JEALOUS!!!

Hung out at a friend's house . . . ate a bunch of food and drank a lot of Moxie (I was my other friend's Designated Driver.) Tried to freak out other friends/landlord to the friend I was at by posting pictures and video of me and my friend setting up and loading his mini tent camp woodstove in middle of the apartment . . . eventually we moved the woodstove outside and started a real fire in it . . . got home a little after midnight. Life is good.

firefighterjake said:
Hung out at a friend's house . . . ate a bunch of food and drank a lot of Moxie (I was my other friend's Designated Driver.) Tried to freak out other friends/landlord to the friend I was at by posting pictures and video of me and my friend setting up and loading his mini tent camp woodstove in middle of the apartment . . . eventually we moved the woodstove outside and started a real fire in it . . . got home a little after midnight. Life is good.

MMMMM Moxie!

Status
Not open for further replies.