New Years resolutions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin2

Burning Hunk
Nov 4, 2013
Palmer, ak
Anybody got any resolutions for the new year? I usually don't but a guy at work came up with a biggest loser competition. We're weighing in on Monday and have 30 days to see who can lose the most weight. There's 4 of us and we are throwing $25 a piece that will go to victor. Should be interesting to see what lengths everyone's gonna go to for bragging rights.

I made a resolution a number of years back to not make any resolutions which I would invariably break anyways . . . surprisingly enough that resolution has stood the test of time. :)

not a bad way to get-r-done....something to shoot for ($), not to mention better health, more stanima. My New Years resolution got shot out of the water before it even had a chance...now to plan "B"

We keep talking I need to do this or that and get in better shape, But nobody stays motivated. I'm already financially invested as well since I ponied up for a video workout regimen and meal replacement shake thing.

Can I ask what your plan a and b are?

Get my master's, then get a few more classes. Need a masters +12 to teach a dual enrollment Bio class.
11 credits in.

Get my master's, then get a few more classes. Need a masters +12 to teach a dual enrollment Bio class.
11 credits in.
I finished my M.S. 6 years ago - my resolution is to finally publish the results from my grad work! My advisor is retired now and has plenty of time to gently remind me that he "really wishes we could get a paper out of it." :rolleyes: Almost there...

We keep talking I need to do this or that and get in better shape, But nobody stays motivated. I'm already financially invested as well since I ponied up for a video workout regimen and meal replacement shake thing.

Can I ask what your plan a and b are?

I'll recommend http://www.myfitnesspal.com there isn't a better thing I've found. Log everything you eat, stay under the allotted calories, exercise and you'll do well.

I've lost almost 40 pounds in the last 6 months, no diet plan necessary just eating less than I used to and running nearly every day.

Wow, 40 pounds in six months, nice work festerw! I'm kinda shooting for 15# for my 30 day challenge. Of course hopefully I'll keep going afterwards.

This sounds odd: I want to floss daily. I am 34 and do not have a single cavity but my dentist keeps telling me to floss. So I will start! lol. 4 days into the new year and I am 1-4.

I can't use the working out thing, I already workout 4-6 times a week. But I should watch what I eat: that way I'd lose the 10 lbs I have been trying to shave off for the past year. Damn chocolate.

Andrew

Buy a pack of the little little flossers with plastic handles, way better then fiddling with the spool of string.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Status
Not open for further replies.