New York State DEC web site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1

Aug 15, 2011
Clyde,new York
I was looking for information on the NYSdec web site when I came across an injuncktion on the dec itself.It say they can not inforce the codes of the 247.10 bill at this time.What does this mean for people trying to get a new owb and when will the people have to update tGeneral Provisions
The State Supreme Court in the County of Albany issued a preliminary injunction enjoining and restraining the Department from implementing and enforcing section 247.10 of title 6 of the New York Codes, Rules and Regulations ("Section 247.10"), effective April 15, 2011, and published in the New York State Register on May 4, 2011.

here old owb to the new boilers

The way I read that is that they are attempting to block only a portion of the law, specifically section 247.10, which states "Each provision of this Part shall be deemed severable, and in the event that any provision of this Part is held to be invalid, the remainder of this Part shall continue in full force and effect."

So really, its not going to change much except some of the legal-eze.

I would read here for what the latest laws are:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/73694.html

But like Matt said, I would call them up to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.