New York State Sues "pellet firm" in Western New York

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derrickp

Dec 7, 2007
Western New York
I believe this dude actually scammed a few people here from the forum, I actually had some email conversations with him asking to buy a few bags before pre-ordering a few tons and he never replied back...

Not sure if anyone actually saw this article but he is getting what he deserves.

http://www.buffalonews.com/411/story/907964.html

He owns 75 acres of oceanfront property in Nova Scotia, 30 acres and 70 rental properties in Wellsville NY , hope he has to sell it all for legal bills and re-paying those he scammed.

Why get greedy if you accept money for something make it right and deliver on your promises.

Thats a bad deal, I'm curious to see how this pans out.

Another lesson learned about pre-buying. Even though this appears to be a fly-by-night operation, in today's economy consumers can't even trust long established retailers that they too will quietly and quickly fold their tents and go disappear. Cash and Carry needs to be the mantra of us pellet heads.

I goggled the couples names and had a few links that cam back to the forums here.
It's a real shame, that couple is young enough to have really made something of themselves.
I wonder how many people are cold right now because of this couples dishonesty or stupidity, which ever one it is.

Edit: I also read that this guy had been in some other shady dealings but never found what it was (if it was true)

I get sued so I will sue someone else. Only in Western New York this sh-- happens it seams. stay cool everyone hot and muggy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.