New Yorker Add On Arrived!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Pirate

Jun 25, 2008
Orange County, NY
Finally Arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just picked it up, drove it home, and unloaded it.

Then I sat in the basement and stared at it for about an hour!
What a relief.

When I ordered it in June I wasnt sure if they were telling me the truth about the 10 week delivery time or if I would actually see it in the spring.

Now I have some work to do. Just thought I would let everyone know.

So. How you making out with it? :)

Wood Pirate said:
Finally Arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just picked it up, drove it home, and unloaded it.

Then I sat in the basement and stared at it for about an hour!
What a relief.

When I ordered it in June I wasnt sure if they were telling me the truth about the 10 week delivery time or if I would actually see it in the spring.

Now I have some work to do. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Works great.
What a difference being able to put the heat where you want it rather than just heating the basement with the woodstove and hoping the heat makes it upstairs.

Last winter with an old timberline woodstove in my basement I still went through a few 275 gallon tanks of oil (I dont know exactly how much I used) between heating different parts of the house and heating the household water. My oil bill from October to January 10th was $78. Last year it was probably 10 times that amount.

Burns alot of wood and creosotes a bit. I'm sure its not the most efficient but for the price I have no complaints. I have had it running since about october pretty much full bore besides a few hot day and when I was away a couple weekends. Burned about 4 chords maybe 4.5 chords.

I also burned about 10 bags of anthracite. Anthracite works great for overnight but I still have to get used to using coal. Its a bit of a pain until you know what you are doing I think.

I have to say I would really rather burn coal in it than wood. But it works pretty decent on wood.

Damper, barometric damper?

I've got my combustion blower controls set for 20 degree differential, 185 high limit. Air shutter on the blower is usually about 1/4 inch on coal, and 3/8 to 1/2 inch on wood.

Did you do a midseason chimney cleaning?

Great to hear it's working good.

Wood Pirate said:
Works great.
What a difference being able to put the heat where you want it rather than just heating the basement with the woodstove and hoping the heat makes it upstairs.

Last winter with an old timberline woodstove in my basement I still went through a few 275 gallon tanks of oil (I dont know exactly how much I used) between heating different parts of the house and heating the household water. My oil bill from October to January 10th was $78. Last year it was probably 10 times that amount.

Burns alot of wood and creosotes a bit. I'm sure its not the most efficient but for the price I have no complaints. I have had it running since about october pretty much full bore besides a few hot day and when I was away a couple weekends. Burned about 4 chords maybe 4.5 chords.

I also burned about 10 bags of anthracite. Anthracite works great for overnight but I still have to get used to using coal. Its a bit of a pain until you know what you are doing I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.