Newbe with a question on what the fire should look like.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

referee38

Mar 27, 2011
Eastern Pa
Started my Harman P43 for first time yesterday set it on auto room temp. I have not had any experience with pellets stoves so here is a dumb question the fire has what for a better term flying reg ash flying around inside the stove is this normal?

Ref,
Here is a video of a typical burn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSR0I83_ueQ&feature=related

There are probably better ones but this was a quick Google search.

Ashes/embers flying is normal unless it is excessive. Usually the embers flying around are from pellet dust. So some are fine but a whole lot may mean you have a feed problem or your pellets have issues.

Many more will probably chime in.

Congrats on the stove.
---Nailer---

The burning embers flying around inside the burn chamber, like in the video above, are perfectly normal and mean the combustion air is circulating well. If yours looks like that, no worries.

I will look when I get home from work I can't get youtube at work.

Yes it looks like the video. Sure warms the downstairs up quick :).

Status
Not open for further replies.