Newbi very happy to join this club

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floater1

Dec 8, 2013
N Yarmouth Maine
Installed a Vigas 25 with 500 gal storage learning process wasn't hard absolutely love it thank you very much patrick new construction with Meyer construction we all learned along the way thanks to ahona great support with the contractors

Pictures or it never happened. :)

Mine's running away right now. Top of tanks 180, another hour or so to go.

JP

Pictures or it never happened. :)

Mine's running away right now. Top of tanks 180, another hour or so to go.

JP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 187
Is it still necessary to have that bypass throttling valve there? With a new danfoss?
How do I know i ve got my hopes and prayers with the professionals I've hired and I will say that I'm complete satisfied the grundfoss pumps tell you how many amps and gals being used for the avg joe this system works for me and should for others I like it and others who want to get off of other fossil fuels this is a great way to say the heck with you OPEC and I hope this is what we all want on this site .thank you from a newbie who is still aglow from the NE patriots win

I'm very happy with this system I wish I could get rebates from dept of energy we are burning 100% off grid as I get older I wish all of our carbon foot prints could be smaller and small rewards should follow as we know they do for those who follow us

Enjoyed you success story, but what happened to the "." on your keyboard? Is it stuck and not working?

Maple, The valve that floater has is not a danfoss brand. The brand that he has does require a ball valve to adjust it..

How do I know i ve got my hopes and prayers with the professionals I've hired and I will say that I'm complete satisfied the grundfoss pumps tell you how many amps and gals being used for the avg joe this system works for me and should for others I like it and others who want to get off of other fossil fuels this is a great way to say the heck with you OPEC and I hope this is what we all want on this site .thank you from a newbie who is still aglow from the NE patriots win

GO! SEAHAWKS!

GO! SEAHAWKS!

A little off topic but the link to your display panel is a private IP. You can see it but the rest of the world can't. I'm willing to bet your router has some sort of port forwarding option that will let you map your internal (private) port to the public side.

Just a heads up, I like to help, even Seahawks fans. :p

K

When I use the microphone, I need to say "period" or comma, etc. and then magic happens.

A little off topic but the link to your display panel is a private IP. You can see it but the rest of the world can't. I'm willing to bet your router has some sort of port forwarding option that will let you map your internal (private) port to the public side.

Just a heads up, I like to help, even Seahawks fans. :p

K

I know that. I'm having the same trouble you are. I fried my discrete IO board while trying to wire in a relay board . I missed wired a cat5e cable and the Vesta didn't like it . I am currently awaiting a new one that NoFo sent out a few days back. I bought a $120 cable tester that I should have bought before I ruined a $120 delivered dciscrete IO board!

Sorry bout the Hyjack Floater.

I missed wired a cat5e cable and ...
I know all about mis-wiring a cat5e. Fortunately, I did not wreck anything when I mis-wired a cat5e, but it sure caused a lot of frustration. A person can stare at the wiring diagram, then try to decide whether to follow A or B, straight through or crossed, and hope for the best.

I know that. I'm having the same trouble you are. I fried my discrete IO board while trying to wire in a relay board . I missed wired a cat5e cable and the Vesta didn't like it . I am currently awaiting a new one that NoFo sent out a few days back. I bought a $120 cable tester that I should have bought before I ruined a $120 delivered dciscrete IO board!

Sorry bout the Hyjack Floater.

The link should work now!

The link should work now!

I don't think you got what I was saying. 192.168.*.* addresses are private, no one, other then people on your own home network can see that ip address.

There's literally thousands, if not millions of machines out there with that same exact IP. Your router has a public IP, and though the magic of NAT allows those private IPs access to the 'net.

K

I don't think you got what I was saying. 192.168.*.* addresses are private, no one, other then people on your own home network can see that ip address.

There's literally thousands, if not millions of machines out there with that same exact IP. Your router has a public IP, and though the magic of NAT allows those private IPs access to the 'net.

Ok I see what your talking about

Last edited:
Installed a Vigas 25 with 500 gal storage learning process wasn't hard absolutely love it thank you very much patrick new construction with Meyer construction we all learned along the way thanks to ahona great support with the contractors

Hi. I just visited ahona and got the fever. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my existing house, 25 kw vigas with 500 gallon storage, but try to do it myself. How big is your house and how's it working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.