Newbie: ECO 65 Ducting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz45

Dec 31, 2015
Moonbeam Ontario Canada
I recently purchased and installed a Drolet ECO65 pellet stove in my one storey house, located in Moonbeam Ontario Canada. It's in my open basement and controlled by wall thermostat on the main floor. My basement has an open stairwell serving as cold air return & warm air supply to the main floor. I have been heating with it for the past month or so. It produces lots of heat and works well. The stairwell being in the corner of the house does not deliver balanced heat and I have to use my electric baseboard heaters to fine tune the temperature at the far end of the house. I also have electric baseboard heating throughout the house as back-up & for fine tuning. I purchased the venting kit and am considering providing venting to the main floor in order to balance the heat. I would install a door at the bottom of my stairwell with a 2" undercut to allow cold air return and to retain heat to escape uncontrolled to main floor. One of my vent runs would be 42' long with 3 elbows, the second would be 10' long with 2 elbows. The instructions indicate a maximum of 20' per run. Has anyone installed run greater than 20' and what were the results? Has anyone installed & wired to the stove in line blowers?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Can't recall seeing anyone use that long of a run and in-line blowers but you could try a search using the box top right...

I have a similar set up but my runs are not that long.The longest is 20 feet. Also my stairs and stove are more centered in the house. I just leave my basement door open. Running at level 4 on the burn rate with LacWood pellets

I recently purchased and installed a Drolet ECO65 pellet stove in my one storey house, located in Moonbeam Ontario Canada. It's in my open basement and controlled by wall thermostat on the main floor. My basement has an open stairwell serving as cold air return & warm air supply to the main floor. I have been heating with it for the past month or so. It produces lots of heat and works well. The stairwell being in the corner of the house does not deliver balanced heat and I have to use my electric baseboard heaters to fine tune the temperature at the far end of the house. I also have electric baseboard heating throughout the house as back-up & for fine tuning. I purchased the venting kit and am considering providing venting to the main floor in order to balance the heat. I would install a door at the bottom of my stairwell with a 2" undercut to allow cold air return and to retain heat to escape uncontrolled to main floor. One of my vent runs would be 42' long with 3 elbows, the second would be 10' long with 2 elbows. The instructions indicate a maximum of 20' per run. Has anyone installed run greater than 20' and what were the results? Has anyone installed & wired to the stove in line blowers?

Thanks!

Hello
yes i have several blowers controled:check this . i use insteon module and temp termostat.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/drolet-eco-65-problem.148638/#post-2017435

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.