Newbie has some questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
After moving from our old house and leaving our Jotul F3cb behind, I am looking at purchasing an insert for our new home. Due to the fireplace being an odd size (tapers in the back) my only option is the Lopi Answer due to the small fireplace size. Anyway, I rec'd a quote from a local dealer (who I like) and I thought the pricing was a little steep. Here is the breakdown:

Stove: $1218
Door Shell: $156 (I was surpised that the basic black door did not come with the insert)
8" panel: $144
VSL-6 Sleeve: $30
VRC-6 Raincap: $59
Hiflex B-6 Piping: $640 (25')
VTK-6 Top Plate: $39
Delivery and Install: $775
Total: $3063

I know with the price of oil lately that the dealers are seeing more business, but I was just surprised that the insert itelf was only about 1/3 of the total cost. I really like the dealer and they were able to answer all my questions, so perhaps I just have a little sticker shock.

Would appreciate any thoughts on the price quoted, as well as if anyone suggests a blower for the model. (The house is appx 1800 sq feet, and the insert will be on the 1st floor with the entire rear of the house open from side to side.)

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.