newbie help and suggestions please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Happy to be a member and just bought my first home. My wife and I just had a winslow pi40 insert installed and we love it so far. I purchased 1 ton of newp, and I am also trying a lot of different pellets including easy blaze, cannawicks, purcell, north idaho woods, awf pine, energex, okanagans gold. Need some advice on surge protector (I have a Belkin) pellets, etc. I clean my stove every three days and have a powersmith ash vac that works great. Any advice on cleaning would be great. Very excited to burn this winter!

Welcome, I'm new here too. I have just been reading about surge protectors and UPS backups, there is a lot of good info here !!!

Reactions: JRA
I have a surge suppressor, but honestly if I were to do job over I would get a ups or even a voltage regulator/suppressor. All three cost between 30 and 60 uses and the ups and the regulator also acts as a surge protector. But both also protect against voltage irregularities (more long term) in addition to voltage surges(instantaneous surges)

Thanks for the suggestion. What brand do you recommend. Very new trying to learn the best practices

Thanks for the suggestion. What brand do you recommend. Very new trying to learn the best practices
Lots of threads here on UPSes. I have a small apc for my entertainment center. Time from ma has a nice looking setup with a 1500 apc tied into two deep cycle marine batteries. I'm a little jealous of his set up.

Voltage regulators can be found on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.