Newbie here: Question about pellets in your signatures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
j-takeman said:
Bank said:
I buy a few tons each year and always have a few tons at the end of each year. I do this in case of sticker shock the following fall.
I will buy different brands I see at various stores, 10 bags at a time to get a sample of what's out there. Actually, it's kind of a sickness, pelletitus I think, and there's no known cure!

Bank,

That's the first step "admitting you have it". You need to apply for pig status. The club offers minor relief, but you will be with fellow "sick pigs" that can help endure the pain! ;-) See link to apply!

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/81207/

DONE!!! Maybe some day there will be a cure for this terrible disease, I can honestly say the sickness subsides a little in the summer months!!

just wondering said:
I am wondering about all the different
kinds of pellets that some of you list in your signature.Do you burn different types/brands
of pellets over the course of the winter? and if so, why?

Can't speak for the masses, but for myself I buy different brands
to get me through the heating season because some pellets burn
hotter than others but I don't need a super hot burning pellet
for the entire season. Also get to having a preference so like to
try and get a pellet I know and like for a good price rather than
whatever is on the shelf at the time. Works for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.