Newbie installing stove with a 6.5" OD outlet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Nov 9, 2013
North Central, WA
Hi all. I had a regular old (non airtight) wood stove in my small house. It had a single wall pipe on it, a heat exchanger and a class A chiminey through the roof.

I found a great deal on an older but airtight stove (Kent Sherwood '84) and picked it up for $150 in great shape. The back label reads to use 6" 24MSG pipe. I know i have 6" pipe on my old stove so thought nothing of it. I wanted to install today and realized the connector coming out the top of the stove is 6" on the inside and 6.5" on the outside so there's no way i can fit a regular 6" pipe on it. What's up? I thought maybe i'm supposed to use a double wall pipe? but is there a double wall to single wall adapter? I'd like to keep using my heat exchanger as on my older stove i think i got just as much heat out of the exchanger as i did out of the stove, plus it moves the air around which is a plus.

Any advice? I'm hoping to get this done this weekend so hopefully someone will tell me pretty quick what i need so i can run into town :D

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.