Newbie just saying hi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PNW Texan

Oct 25, 2017
Everett, WA
New to the Pacific Northwest and temperatures that require an actual heat source. I just had an Enviro Boston 1700 insert installed and have been running curing fires. Just wanted to say hi and I hope to learn from the veterans here.

Reactions: Blazing
Welcome. That's a great stove to start with. To perform well it will need to burn dry, fully seasoned firewood. This can be hard to get. Some folks sell "seasoned" wood from trees that were felled a month ago and split yesterday. That's not seasoning wood. Doug fir might be your best bet if buying.

New to the Pacific Northwest and temperatures that require an actual heat source. I just had an Enviro Boston 1700 insert installed and have been running curing fires. Just wanted to say hi and I hope to learn from the veterans here.

Hey PNW Texan, I also just bought an Enviro Boston 1700 (first wood stove), and have been soaking up the knowledge on hearth.com.

I just started a thread for Enviro stove owners: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/enviro-wood-stoves.164228/#post-2204101

Check it out and post a pic of your set up. Hopefully we can help each other as we figure this wood heat thing out.

Reactions: saewoody
Welcome from the mitten state.

I have a Venice 1200 insert. Absolutely love it! This is my 3rd season and so far so good! It’s a secondary heat source but does heat my 2,400 SF house when temps are in the low 30s upper 20s with no problem. My gas bill last February was $81 including my gas water heater. We have been burning 2 to 3 cords of wood per season. If we were a true 24/7 wood burning household I believe around 5 cords would be in order. Listen to what people have to say on here there’s a ton of knowledge. If you are unsure about something don’t hesitate to ask, somebody will help you.

Be smart & Be safe!

Welcome. From north of the border.

Reactions: Wood Collector
I have a Venice 1200 insert. Absolutely love it! This is my 3rd season and so far so good! It’s a secondary heat source but does heat my 2,400 SF house when temps are in the low 30s upper 20s with no problem. My gas bill last February was $81 including my gas water heater. We have been burning 2 to 3 cords of wood per season. If we were a true 24/7 wood burning household I believe around 5 cords would be in order. Listen to what people have to say on here there’s a ton of knowledge. If you are unsure about something don’t hesitate to ask, somebody will help you.

Be smart & Be safe!

That’s exactly where we are at. Similar sized house, and we burn 24/7, and burn about five cords a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk