Newbie looking at used inserts - Can some id this one and give advice on used inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaychino415

Jan 31, 2013
san bruno, ca
Can someone id this insert? What problems should I look for? Will I need a permit to install? I have oval style flue clay tiles. Best place to by SS liner? Did I miss anything? Thanks in Advance.

Jay

Attachments

• 00h0h_ipEsiLO7sud_600x450.jpeg
    00h0h_ipEsiLO7sud_600x450.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 146
Can someone id this insert? What problems should I look for? Will I need a permit to install? I have oval style flue clay tiles. Best place to by SS liner? Did I miss anything? Thanks in Advance.

Jay

If you pull the blower unit straight out from the front, there should be a rating plate on the face of the insert.

Reactions: jaychino415
what is your price range? whether or not you need a permit depends on your local laws.

Regency insert?

Might be an older Regency, the newer ones have the air grates down the sides and the blower housing is a little more angled. Looks somewhat like a PE insert my neighbour had a couple of years ago.

Like Daksy said, pull out the blower and look for the plate.

Regency was also my first thought. Otherwise, maybe an older Avalon model?

I would try to find a Lopi or an Avalon. Easiest to service and good parts availability. Also 6" outlet is cheaper for chimney liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.