Newbie needs help quick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grainraiser

Dec 28, 2007
Texas
I have a vent free set of Sure Heat gas logs. The oxgen sensor cuts the unit off everytime I try to take it from pilot to fire. I have tried everything the owners manual suggest. The manufactor sent me a new sensor and after installing it I still have the same problem. The pilots lights easy but it shuts down as soon as I try to start a fire. I have tried blowing out the line with compressed air and nothing works. Wife wants it fixed ASAP. I am pretty sure it has something to do with oxgen depletion sensor but I am at a lost as to what to try next. What type of business would I take it to get it check out and what would be a ruff estimate to have it repaired. I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Grainraiser

Grainraiser, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you.

There are lots of experts in this area on here......stay close and watch for possible answers.........Welcome ! ;-)

Robbie.

Thanks for the welcome Robbie. I have been reading thru this forum and I can see their some very knowledgable people on this forum. I look forward to being a member here.

Grainraiser

Grainraiser,
Are you allowing PLENTY of time for the pilot light to warm up the thermocouple? I mean, give it 15 or 20 min, if starting from cold. I am not a gas log guy, but I believe this works very similar to the older pilot ignition furnaces, and I have seen them be a real pain.

I have let the pilot burn for 30 minutes and still the same thing. I replaced the thermocouple. Cleaned the box and make sure there is plenty air flow. Nothing seems to work. I have a feeling it's the sensor but I don't know what to do next.

Grainraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.