Newbie Needs Help with England 25 PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillM2

Dec 23, 2010
Mid-Hudson Valley
My brand new stove is working though am not getting enough heat out of the front unless I'm running the heat range setting at 8 - 9 and the blower at 1 -2 above those settings. House is getting to 70 degrees in the main room where the unit sits. The air coming out is warm but not hot. I'm using Greenway pellets which seems to burn OK with little ash or clinkers. The unit came set at 4-4-1.

Also, there is a panel with a latch inside above the burn pot that I'm unsure what that is?

Many thanks!

Mike or one of the other seasoned members here can help you with your heat problem.
The plate above your burn pot is the impingement plate, that covers your heat exchange area. If this is not set square and center, it can cause problems not letting heat out.

Hello Bill from another Hudson Valley resident.

How long have you had the stove?

What is your exhaust set-up like (number and type of bends, lengths, etc, etc).

Do you have the OAK installed as per Englander requirements?

As Ed S mentioned above, make sure the impingement (baffle) plate is installed correctly.

Have you tried any other pellets besides the Greenways?

You might want to try changing the lower buttons to 6-4-1.

Hello Bill from another Hudson Valley resident.

How long have you had the stove?

I've had it for about three days.

What is your exhaust set-up like (number and type of bends, lengths, etc, etc).

One elbow total: a Tee after after a 3" appliance pipe, then 6" and 12" pipe, up 9' to an elbow to exhaust cover.

Do you have the OAK installed as per Englander requirements?

Yes, it is.

As Ed S mentioned above, make sure the impingement (baffle) plate is installed correctly.

Impingement baffle is flat against the wall. It had been at an angle -- must have been jarred in shipment.

Have you tried any other pellets besides the Greenways?

Only Greenways so far.

Will try that -- more pellets, more heat. More $$$.

Thanks much so far!!!

BillM2 said:

Will try that -- more pellets, more heat. More $$$.

Yes, more BTU input to get more BTU output....there is no free lunch.

Billm2 i would try to turn the fan/blower on to match the feed level,(if Your on 5 run blower at 5).The 4-4-1 bottom 3 settings only work on the first 2 feed rates,anything after that (3-9) are not effected .gl rmw

sydsdad said:
........The 4-4-1 bottom 3 settings only work on the first 2 feed rates,anything after that (3-9) are not effected .gl rmw

Sydsdad,

up until about 2 weeks ago, most everyone (including me) thought the same thing. However, it has come to light from Mike H. at Englander that on the newer stoves with ignitors, the lower 3 buttons DO have an effect on the higher heat ranges. see this thread:

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/65229/

If in doubt, call Englander Tech with serial number, as mentioned in the thread by Mike.

Thanks all for the advice. This morning, for Christmas mayhem, I raised the setting to 5-4-1, the top two to 5 - 5. I'm getting to around 69 degrees in the house and it's in the mid 20s with no wind. I'm using Greenway pellets which seem to be burning hot and fully. Last night I raised the settings to 6-4-1 and 6 -7 and the main room (around 450 sq ft) got to 72 degrees. The heat off the stove was hot enough where I couldn't hold my hand very close to the blower vents. So, the more pellets, the hotter the fire obviously. I've not pushed the settings higher but am asuming when it's in the single digits and windy, I'll be able to get to the upper 60's in the main room.

Thanks too for suggesting the above thread. Will get in touch with the Englander tech to further suss things out, if need be.

Merry Christmas!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.