Newbie Question - Old Marco BD35-TE Gas Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlknjl

Nov 28, 2006
We just moved into a house that has a Marco insert in the bedroom. I am trying to find a manual with no luck since they were bought out a while back. Here is my question (keep in mind I know nothing about this stuff): On the top is a vent that, when removed, has the vent pipe going through it. On either side of the vent pipe are two "caps" that when lifted lead into the main "fire chamber." There is no blower on this unit and not noticable means to keep these caps open, even a little bit, although they were clearly made to move up and down. When the fire is going and I lift the caps by hand a lot more hot air is expelled from that vented area. When they are down the only heat to the room is transfered through the glass. Is there a way to keep these caps up? Is that a thing I should be trying to do? Please advise as I do not have a clue about this stuff.

Thanks,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.