Newbie question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any thoughts on putting the circulator pump at the outdoor wood boiler or could it be close to the existing propane boiler. If placed at the latter it would be half way? Thanks.

Does anyone have any thoughts on putting the circulator pump at the outdoor wood boiler or could it be close to the existing propane boiler. If placed at the latter it would be half way? Thanks.
John would have to see a diagram to give you the best answer. Kind of hard to have one circ doing work for both boilers. Rull of thumb is to pump away from your primary heat source.

Finally got my new outdoor wood furnace in and running for a little over a week. Doing a good job so far. From the wood furnace to my existing propane furnace it's about 240'. The water coming from the wood furnace is 180 degrees and the gauge at the propane furnace shows 180. The return gauge shows anywhere between 163 to 170 degrees coming out of the system in the house. I put the 3 speed circulator pump in the house and currently am running it on the second speed. It is circulating constantly. I used 1 1/4" underground insulated pex and used sharkbite fittings thru out the hook up. Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for your help and advise.

I'm too lazy to go back and re-read.... Is your house forced air or radiant? If it's forced air, like mine, I'm adding two ribrelay devices so our demand pump out in the boiler barn (about 180' away) cycles with the water to air HX tstat-controlled fan. When we didn't have storage I didn't worry much about the btu loss running the demand pump continuously from mid-November to mid-March.

Like you I'm very thankful for this site. Otherwise I'd be heating a big ole house with a Hardy OWB, ~400' of 1" bubble wrap pex, and smokin' up our "holler". Congrats!

Reactions: Chris Hoskin
I'm too lazy to go back and re-read.... Is your house forced air or radiant? If it's forced air, like mine, I'm adding two ribrelay devices so our demand pump out in the boiler barn (about 180' away) cycles with the water to air HX tstat-controlled fan. When we didn't have storage I didn't worry much about the btu loss running the demand pump continuously from mid-November to mid-March.

Like you I'm very thankful for this site. Otherwise I'd be heating a big ole house with a Hardy OWB, ~400' of 1" bubble wrap pex, and smokin' up our "holler". Congrats!

Radiant hot water baseboard, about 4500 sq ft log home. Crown Royal OWB, model 7400.

Status
Not open for further replies.