Newbie question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevalmiller

Nov 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hi all...this is my first season burning wood and I figure it's about time to get the stove fired up here in PA. My father-in-law gave me a Rebel stove (the small single door kind) that looks about like this one:
1000x1000.jpg

My question is this: there is a steel plate at the top of the fire box that sits on two little angled rails. It covers most of the area of the top of the box, but can slide forward and back a bit (you have to reach into the box). I was wondering what the proper positioning for this plate should be? Front, back or centered?

Thanks!

That sounds like the baffle plate. If so it goes all the way to the back of the stove.

Each baffle I have seen is pushed completely to the rear.

Stove looks good.

Welcome to the site.

That sounds like the baffle plate. If so it goes all the way to the back of the stove.
Each baffle I have seen is pushed completely to the rear.

Stove looks good.

Welcome to the site.

Great...thanks for the help both of you! I agree *that* stove looks great. Mine looks like a much older, much more used version of the same stove. I need to clean it up a bit sometime, but for now I just want to use it! 20 degrees tonight. Brr!

Status
Not open for further replies.