Newbie Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenzmadie

Sep 13, 2008
Central NY
We bought a Lopi Leydon and I used it for the first time tonight. It was great....ran it for an hour and a half and it went from 67 to 80 degrees in my living room (where it is located) and from 67 to 74 degrees down the halllway. I did notice when I was outside that occasionally tiny lit embers would come out of the chimney (it's directly vented out the side of the house). They did extinguish before they hit the ground but was just wondering if this is normal. Thanks

If you have the stove burning on high it is possible for this to happen. It should never be to excessive maybe a few here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.