Newbie Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubicon 327

Jan 6, 2010
Cromwell, Connecticut
Can someone please explain the how I should be using the “Draft Fan”

Between the damper slide by the ash bin and the draft fan, I am unsure of how to set it…..or actually get the best from my unit.

The draft fan has settings 1-9 or an Automatic setting which I have been using mostly since I fired it up on Tuesday. It runs well and seems to have a good flame but I am trying to “fine tune it” I guess and am not really sure how the draft fan actually works and the manual isn’t quite that helpful.

I see what it does to the flame with the slide damper, I just don’t get the draft fan.

Thanks for Looking!
Dave

Thanks HEMI,

But I doubt anyone has one as I had posted and searched a bit here before buying one and couldn't find anyone who had it.

It's a United States Stove Company American Harvest Model 6500 multi fuel furnace , and I am running pellets in it.

I guess I just want to know how the draft fan works and what to look for when I change the settings. Don't most other pellet stoves have a draft fan or no?

Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.