newbie say'n thanks for the info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBravo

Oct 15, 2007
Calgary AB Can
i finally joined and i would like to say thanks for all the info out here. just purchased a quad 2100. the chimney is showing up some time this week. im getting pretty stoked about this its been a long time comming put off for a few years because of cashflow and reluctance to go through all the required paperwork. Elk you will be happy to know that i have all the permits and such ready to go. I was told by the retailer here in town that i need 1) OAK 2) passive air suply with damper or 3) hard wired co2 censor right at the stove. i just read the 9 page thead on OAK and now im tossed i have piped one in and welded up a cover to bolt on to the front of the stove, now im wondering if i should leave off the cover and forget sealing the bottom of the pedistal. i would end up with some sort of hybrid. it may leak cold air into the house when the stove is not in use but i could install some sort of damper on the OAK. what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.