newbie to pellet stoves, quadra-fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irish00

Dec 2, 2013
grand haven mi
hello all i was hoping someone could help out, i purchaced a used quad santa fe recently and was told the control box was out and that it was the 3rd one that he had went through, so i bought a new control box and also a brand new wiring harness to try and avoid damage to the new control board, i had them both installed but now the exhaust/distribution motor will kick on for about 10 seconds and then stops after a minute or two it will kick back on for another 10 seconds and stop, it will do that as long as it's plugged in, i tried to jump all 3 snap disks and also the vacuum box as well(not sure what it is really called). i didn't have a thermostat hooked up but i did have it jumpered as well, i also had the control box set on "6" which i believe is the correct setting, if anyone could give me some ideas on what the issue could be it would be great my house is getting cold and propane isn't cheap! lol

hello all i was hoping someone could help out, i purchaced a used quad santa fe recently and was told the control box was out and that it was the 3rd one that he had went through, so i bought a new control box and also a brand new wiring harness to try and avoid damage to the new control board, i had them both installed but now the exhaust/distribution motor will kick on for about 10 seconds and then stops after a minute or two it will kick back on for another 10 seconds and stop, it will do that as long as it's plugged in, i tried to jump all 3 snap disks and also the vacuum box as well(not sure what it is really called). i didn't have a thermostat hooked up but i did have it jumpered as well, i also had the control box set on "6" which i believe is the correct setting, if anyone could give me some ideas on what the issue could be it would be great my house is getting cold and propane isn't cheap! lol
If it's a 110v motor jump it to wall socket in house and see if it cures issue.

Clean the stove yet and if so how did you clean it? That is the very first step with a used stove.

You have to remove the blowers to do a proper job, while you have them off and after cleaning them you can test them using a test (aka suicide) cord and plugging that into a standard wall outlet. The motors should start and reach full speed very quickly.

Note warning! warning! this is a dangerous operation as the power cord can kill you if you come in contact with exposed wires and/or connections and also the motor blades are sharp.

Try putting the motor in a vise when powering up, a little safer, makes me happy that most of the contacts in my stove are 12 volt dc==c

Clean the stove yet and if so how did you clean it? That is the very first step with a used stove.

You have to remove the blowers to do a proper job, while you have them off and after cleaning them you can test them using a test (aka suicide) cord and plugging that into a standard wall outlet. The motors should start and reach full speed very quickly.

Note warning! warning! this is a dangerous operation as the power cord can kill you if you come in contact with exposed wires and/or connections and also the motor blades are sharp.
Give us a break, were not two year olds here....I think :)

Always best to err on the side of caution when giving advice.

Thank you.

pen

the control box is set on the test setting it needs to be adjusted to the six setting if i remember correct for the santa fe

i also had the control box set on "6" which i believe is the correct setting
the control box is set on the test setting it needs to be adjusted to the six setting if i remember correct for the santa fe
It does sound like it could be in test mode (setting 0).
Verify that it really is set to 6: in the control box, a blue light should blink 6 times every 10 seconds when you first plug the stove in.

This box is the SRV7000-205 (white label) and not the SRV7000-206 (yellow label), correct? The -206 one is for Mt Vernons.

i think they have changed the box again so it could be srv7000-704

You're right, the box part number changed in the 2013 manual

thanks for the input, my stove is currently at a buddy's place so he can look into it, i will pass on information and see what happens. if i plug the fan into the outlet and it works correctly where do i go from there?

check the control box first and make sure it is on the right setting.

Some stoves over time develop oxidized contacts and connectors this can lead to intermittent making and breaking of the connections to the controller, a bit of time checking the physical contacts where that controller connects the the rest of the stove might show a dull surface or a bent connector.

Also poor connections in the wiring harness can happen the same way or if they are unplugged and replugged a lot the contacts can become loose.

That stove appears to be answering its I have power wakeup call and then losing power.

Smokey i would certainly agree that the system could oxidized contacts or weak connectors but the OP said they have a brand new wiring harness and control board cause the stove had a problem when they bought it. The test mode on the control box will only turn on the combustion blower for 10 seconds. Test mode will only turn on the rest of the components if they are properly jumped out. A brand new control box comes set on 0 so until the OP confirms what setting it is on i would think it just needs to be set to six and it will run fine.

Smokey i would certainly agree that the system could oxidized contacts or weak connectors but the OP said they have a brand new wiring harness and control board cause the stove had a problem when they bought it. The test mode on the control box will only turn on the combustion blower for 10 seconds. Test mode will only turn on the rest of the components if they are properly jumped out. A brand new control box comes set on 0 so until the OP confirms what setting it is on i would think it just needs to be set to six and it will run fine.

Just going by the op's first posting which in part said

"i also had the control box set on "6" which i believe is the correct setting"

Thanks for the help I mow have the stove back in and fire going however my convection blower is not kicking on any ideas?

Never mind the blower is now working its loud as hell definitely going to need a new one. It was just the brain it was set on test mode. Guess that's what I get for bringing it to a harmen guy. He only charged me 30 to do the wiring harness where both quad dealers in the area wanted 4-500

Status
Not open for further replies.