newbie to rookie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
Well i think maybe i moved from a newbie to a rookie i just completed my first cleaning today and think i did a great job i just did not brush the exhaust tubes located behind the heat exchange panels because i am afraid to damage the ESP Probe. I am still not sure if i need to remove the probe before i brush it i have been getting conflicting responses to this question and think i will wait to brush them when i do the end of year cleaning when i pull the stove out and do the major cleaning.

still a newbie......keep those tubes as clean as you can....I would brush them every month or so, at least. If they pulg off, you have pretty bad inefficiency, and a pretty big job to get them unplugged...particularly the left one. You can brush them without removing the ESP probe. Your other post, whe n originally posted, didnt mention you had only put 10 bags thru it........your monthly and yearly cleaning should include pullig the unit out and cleaning the ESP probe

thanks for your help

+1 I'm somewhere between rookie and not quite there. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.