Newbie trying to install Dura Vent DVL stove pipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKSmith

Jan 6, 2011
Eastern Ky.
Hello, I came across this site 4-5 months ago accidently. Lots of good information here, and I have learned alot since. By reading different post I learned I needed to get rid of the old pre - epa stove and update to a new epa stove. So in the middle of December after much research, I purchased a new Blaze King Princess Parlor. This stove will be sitting in a family room of 480 sq. ft. with 9 ft. ceilings. The house is 2,900 sq.ft., two story, built in 1965. This will be installed on the hearth where the old stove was sitting and exiting up a masonry chimney through a 6" Duraliner s.s. liner. Where the flue opening is on the new stove I will be installing a couple of 45's and piping to make up for the offset. Without checking or much research, I ordered online, Dura Vent DVL 6" double wall black stove pipe. The problem I am having is the transition from the DVL stove pipe to the 6" Duraliner. Do I need to order something else to connect these two? Do I need to send the DVL back and go with all Duraliner to the stove? I do know the Duraliner stove attachment will not fit over the Princess's flue collar. The attachment is to small. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks, Jerry

If your liner snout is just single wall S.S. then you should be able to crimp it so the double wall pipe fits over it, we use the DVL all the time and we don't have any trouble attaching to liners. See if you can crimp the stove adapter to fit inside the stove as well.

WEBBY, THE CHIMNEY DURALINER IS INSULATED DOUBLE WALLED. ALSO, THE DURALINER IS A LITTLE SMALLER DIAMETER THAN THE NEW DVL STOVE PIPE. ON THE STOVE ATTACHMENT THE DVL ATTACHMENT FITS GOOD. THE DURALINER ATTACHMENT WHICH I TOOK OFF OF THE OLD STOVE WOULD BE TO SMALL IF I HAVE TO GO TO ALL DURALINER. WITH THE DURALINER AND THE DVL BEING MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY, DURA VENT, YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE AN ATTACHMENT TO CONNECT THE TWO. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING THEIR WEBSITE, SO FAR NO LUCK. THANKS...

I have never used Dura-liner, didn't know it was double wall either, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.