newbie w/ a US Stove 6500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK168

Feb 17, 2014
Columbus, MI
Hello I'm Ryan..I'm pretty new to pellet burners. The house that i bought in November, came with a US Stove 6500. It ran great for the first few weeks, then the problems started. I had a blown fuse for the room air fan. I read that when that happens the Room Air fan is bad, so i replaced it. Now it did the same thing to me after I got it all back together. I called US Stove and they said it could be the Circuit Board but they were not sure...I really don't to spend $400 if this won't fix my problem...Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks
Ryan

Welcome to the forum - sorry to hear the stove is giving you grief.

I would check to make sure the old and/or the new fan is functioning first. Unplug your stove. Many have tested blowers by disconnecting the blower and wiring up to a cord to plug directly into a household outlet. Which one is giving you trouble, right or left distribution fan? (page 19 of the manual has wiring diagram).

Check wiring is all intact and connectors properly seated.

The manual is on-line: https://www.usstove.com/index.php?route=cms/article&path=6&article_id=11

Keep us posted...

Last edited:
Hello I'm Ryan..I'm pretty new to pellet burners. The house that i bought in November, came with a US Stove 6500. It ran great for the first few weeks, then the problems started. I had a blown fuse for the room air fan. I read that when that happens the Room Air fan is bad, so i replaced it. Now it did the same thing to me after I got it all back together. I called US Stove and they said it could be the Circuit Board but they were not sure...I really don't to spend $400 if this won't fix my problem...Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks
Ryan

Not exactly sure what your problem could be but I will tell you that you should be running a good quality 10x25x1 air filter on this stove which will keep a lot of dust/soot/pellet fines and what not out of your new room blowers.

The 1st new 6500 I bought had the room blowers die within 1 month of operation. I purchased the stove/furnace on January 10th 2010 and the room fans died on February 13th 2010. USSC wanted me to change them out but I just brought the stove back to Tractor Supply and got a new 6500 and so far so good, knock on wood!

Not sure why else a new blower would blow the fuse right off the bat if they are not bound up by any packing material or miscellaneous debris keeping them from spinning freely.

Out of curiosity what is the serial number on your stove? It is on the tag under the hopper lid....the stove that went south on me was 1337 the new one that replaced it was 1082.....figure that one out!

Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.