newbie with fs accentra, in need of knowledge!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanhoe

Feeling the Heat
Dec 27, 2008
great white northern ontario
hi,
i’m new to this pellet heating world. i’ve ordered a p68 with a delayed delivery so i purchased a used fs accentra. the problem i’m having is the flame guide is moving out of place. can i wedge the guide in place or is that a no-no? i too am trying to heat whole house(1500sq ft down stairs plus 1500sq ft upstairs) feed rate at 4 and room temp at 80. it has been very cold here lately, -20F. my oil furnace does come on at times. when it's warmer, the accentra is doing it's job. i'm using comfort hw pellets from quebec. i know my stove is on the small size, but it gotta do until the p68 arrives(thx harman!).
ivanhoe

ivanhoe said:
.... the problem i’m having is the flame guide is moving out of place. can i wedge the guide in place or is that a no-no? ...

What do you mean the flame guide is moving out of place?
If it is sitting on the edges of the burnpot correctly, it is heavy enough that it should
not be moving unless it is seated wrong.

hi,
after awhile, the flame guide moves on it's own. i make sure it's seated properly after i do a cleaning. looking at the recessed track on it, you would think it would somewhat lock onto the burning pot because of the v-shape design. i think what happens, it gets lifted by the pellets feeding the pot!! you would think the weight would keep it in place but it doesn't.
ivanhoe

Check and make sure the compass rose casting is engaged under the upper latches. That casting should be holding the guide down on the slots.

Sometimes mine will move a hair from the pellets backing up from a dirty burnpot otherwise it stays put. A few months ago I saw a post about another Accentra owner who had their stove professionally installed and the installer put a piece of rope gasket behind the guide to keep it from moving anywhere. When he asked why, they said it was because Harman told them to. :) It might be something to consider.

Mattman193 said:
Sometimes mine will move a hair from the pellets backing up from a dirty burnpot otherwise it stays put. A few months ago I saw a post about another Accentra owner who had their stove professionally installed and the installer put a piece of rope gasket behind the guide to keep it from moving anywhere. When he asked why, they said it was because Harman told them to. :) It might be something to consider.

thx,
i would of never thought of using a piece of rope, maybe a piece of metal(triangular block).
ivanhoe

Status
Not open for further replies.