Newbie with Harmon PB105 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone, I have a new phantom that needs reckoning. Anyone heard a high pitched (10 kilohertz roughly) tone that sings when the auger motor engages ? Kind of like the sounds at a hearing test. It has an unmistakable piercing quality that resonates through my house...

Stephen,

You mentioned that you feel your boiler is a lemon. What other problems have you had with it?

Andrew, my biggest beef with my boiler is the ignition system. I went through 5 igniters last year, and my new one installed at the beginning of the season has already failed. Now I have a cracked burnpot, and my auger motor is making a bizarre high pitched squeal off and on. I'm a little shocked a device of that quality would have so many repeated failings. It's further complicated by the fact the dealer i bought it from has now stopped being the Harman dealer. Not sure why. They are still looking after my boiler though. I find it odd too that you cannot contact Harman directly to address such issues. I bought the first PB 105 in my area and I'm sure the guys at the shop had no experience with it. Not sure what I'll do if this continues, no doubt I'll drive from Halifax NS to Halifax PA and try to get some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.