Newbie with questions! :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

browncoat

Oct 16, 2012
Hello - I'm a newbie to the pellet world! I've been reading this forum for a few weeks, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the wonderful information and tips. Seriously, you guys are great.

I was hoping someone on these forums has some experience or information regarding our new baby - a new Quad Edge 60 (black natural front). We got a super deal from a dealer - it was cheap! It's been discontinued, right? Anyone know why? I mean, it's a good stove, right? I guess what I'm asking is, if it's as good as it's supposed to be, why was it discontinued?

We'll be installing it ourselves - that'll be an adventure, I'm sure!! Anyone have experience installing one of these?

I was looking at that a few years ago. I believe it is a Quad Mt Vernon AE in different clothing, so any AE info should be pertainent to it. If I'm wrong Im sure Ill be corrected.

It's been discontinued, right? Anyone know why? I mean, it's a good stove, right? I guess what I'm asking is, if it's as good as it's supposed to be, why was it discontinued?

Overpriced, for sure. Possibly too modern looking for most?

I was looking at that a few years ago. I believe it is a Quad Mt Vernon AE in different clothing, so any AE info should be pertainent to it. If I'm wrong Im sure Ill be corrected.
As far as I know thats correct.

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the replies!

Smoke show - it's definitely modern looking! Traditional just won't work in our place, but this one fit the bill pretty nicely. The price we ended up paying was cheaper than a Quad Castile, no way could I afford to pay the full list price for this stove - definitely too expensive. I'm just hoping it's as good as advertised. We currently have oil heat, and the bills are astronomical in the winter (live in northern VA). I'd like to use this to primarily heat our home (3300 sq feet, 2-level ranch), then supplement with oil only as needed. It's certainly a pretty fireplace....

Reactions: smoke show
Two years ago, I wanted one of those Edge60s bad, but the price was about $2000 too high, and ended-up buying an Ecoteck (Ravelli) freestanding pellet stove. They were put on dealer clearnce because they were not selling well, I think due to the price, and the contemporary styling (which was why I liked it). It is the same guts as the Mt Vernon, and is a well made stove. Enjoy it.....my wife is bugging me to also buy an Edge60 at the clearance price from my local dealer, and move the Ecoteck into the basement, or upstairs into the bedroom area.

Pelleting in NJ: you should!! Once the units are gone, they're gone! That's why we jumped on it. The price was amazing - and it's REALLY HARD to find a modern-looking pellet stove. We were even considering getting one from Europe! I was shocked at how few modern-looking pellet stoves there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.