Newbie's first burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydee

Apr 11, 2010
north GA
Hi,

I thought I'd try out my "new" stove, as the weather got a teensie cool and I've been itching to give it a try.

I bought it from a private party who had bought it new but never installed it, It's a Buckstove FS 21. I had wanted a bigger stove, but my budget took a lot of hits this past year, so for $500 plus the cost of installation this wasn't bad. The blower works well, and a few small logs heat up the family room nicely - if I keep the fire going, I'm sure it will heat up considerably more. Being a freestanding unit, it has an ash drawer, which I hope will be convenient. The stove just barely fit in the space vertically.

The fire you see in the photo is approximately 325 degrees, using an infrared thermometer aimed at the fire inside the glass.

Attachments

• woodstove.jpg
    woodstove.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 254
Here's the same photo lightened up so you can see the stove.

Attachments

• woodstove.jpg
    woodstove.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 256
Love the hearth, good lookin! I don't believe the thermo will work through the glass, the inside of the fire box is much hotter than 325. Judge the stove temp by shooting the top if you can get a hand up there safely or on the front just above the door on the frame of the stove, maybe the sides also.

Happy burnin,
Charlie

Yep, that's it! I like your "tank" description - it is very heavy and is built VERY solidly.

Mine is all black so that the rock is the focus of this hearth, not the stove.

The temp reading was probably way wrong - am buying a stove top thermometer now. :)

Jaydee, that stove should serve you well in GA. I also like your stone. Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.