Newby Question about placement of heat Exchanger?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

New to the site and learning alot,I am in the procces of buying a Bosch/MESys boiler with a Janfire nh pellet burner,What I want to do is install the boiler in my detached garage with a unit heater,then run pex to my house and hook up a indirect water tank,and then put a heat exchanger in my oil burning downflow furnace and use its fan for supply,I have done alot of searches and I cant find out where do you place the heat exchanger,do I have to move the furnace and install it in the duct work under the furnace? or in the furnace under the fire box,or underneath the fan on the top.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Steve

I also have a downflow furnace, and I have installed the heat exchanger at the bottom of the furnace in the start of the supply ducting to the house. This meant raising the furnace up about four inches. I have an electric furnace which will still power the elements if the hx is cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.