Newest Heatmor OWB?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_a_stewart

Jun 5, 2008
Central ME
Hi all,

Does anyone here have any experience with the new Heatmor OWB? They will be arriving in Maine soon and my husband and I met with the dealer this morning and are leaning more in that direction than the Central Boiler E-classic...I know they are very new and not yet in practice in many places...

I'd also be happy to hear of any positive/negative experiences people have had with the Heatmor brand in general.

Thanks!

Heatmor is supposed to be one of the better OWBs, but I haven't seen the new gasifier, if that's what you're talking about. The CB E-classic just hit the market. I'm anxiously awaiting some user feedback. I think if CB can make a reliable, functional gasification boiler, then the others will follow--or fall by the wayside.

Back to the Heatmor--my dad has had one (ss firebox) for more than 10 years and he's very happy with it.

I am waiting to get my new CB E-Classic going. One of the reasons I chose the CB over the Heatmor is that the E-Classic's emission levels were better than the EPA phase II levels that Vermont will be adopting in '10. I wanted to make sure I was getting a unit that would pass the more stringent regs coming down the pike in VT. When I get it running I will post a report and some pics.

Pete

I don't want to throw water on anyone's fire but......you do all realize that regardless of brand, you are the guinea pigs and field testers for these units. Personally I wouldn't buy any of them until they've been out in the field for a year or two.

Not trying to sound like a grumpy old man here but it ticks me off when companies claim to have reinvented fire with a product that has yet to prove itself under field conditions. You have to keep in mind the fact that the EPA test for emissions bears about as much resemblance to real world conditions as I do to Angelina Jolie.

We actually made that decision yesterday. We are holding off one year with the plan to see how these outdoor gasifiers do over the next year and then make a purchase next spring. I know we're taking the chance of the prices increasing even more but it's worth it to make sure there are no problems with them. We are torn between the E-classic and the Response, so time will tell...

Try to get your wood cut this summer so you'll be sure to have very dry wood for your new boiler.

Call me old fashioned, but if she

[deleted pic (hot) of Angelina Jolie--use your imagination]

shows up to work on my heat, I call the company and tell them to send a grubby guy in coveralls.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Call me old fashioned, but if she

[deleted pic (hot) of Angelina Jolie--use your imagination]

shows up to work on my heat, I call the company and tell them to send a grubby guy in coveralls.

Somehow..........I knew you would find humor in that. ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.