NEWP finally available here - too pricey

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Stopped by Viking Lumber in Belfast to pick up some caulk, asked about pellets. "ALL WE SELL IS NEWP" $275/ ton c&c, $300/ delv., $6.oo/bag to go. Heard lotsa good about these pellets, almost bought 10 bags to try, but just too much money. Maybe later.

st albans stove shop on rt 2 in palmyra has them for 5.80 a bag....i bought a few and like them MUCH better than the penningtons i bought at home cheapo and walmart.

I went into a rockys ace hardware today for stove paint for the faux brick in my stove and they had two tons of lignetics with signs $6.99 a bag or 299.50 a ton I guess some stores to get it (plus lignetics arent getting very good reviews this year) I refuse to pay that kind of money for pellets.

mnkywrnch said:
......$6.99 a bag or 299.50 a ton........(plus lignetics arent getting very good reviews this year)

That is pretty high, price wise. But your statement about them not getting very good reviews....where did you see that mnkywrnch ???

95% of the "reviews" by forum members are that Lignetics are one of the best pellets they burn.

macman said:
mnkywrnch said:
......$6.99 a bag or 299.50 a ton........(plus lignetics arent getting very good reviews this year)

That is pretty high, price wise. But your statement about them not getting very good reviews....where did you see that mnkywrnch ???

95% of the "reviews" by forum members are that Lignetics are one of the best pellets they burn.
I personaly havent tried them this year,but a couple forum members have saying there alot dirtier of a pellet this year,I believe Hemi's post Lignetics vs fireside ultras was one post speaking of this.

I anticipated that NEWP bulk delivery would be less expensive than bagged pallets, but that hasn't played out in my market.

mnkywrnch said:
....a couple forum members have saying there alot dirtier of a pellet this year,I believe Hemi's post Lignetics vs fireside ultras was one post speaking of this.

BIG difference between "couple" of not so good reviews, vs the many, many that have been offered on the forum that were positive.

Plus, (and no offense to Hemi at all), he is having problems with his stove this year.

And as I remember from his post, he did say the Lig's burned hotter than the Firesides. Bottom line for me, is BTU output...I can handle a little extra ash.

macman said:
mnkywrnch said:
....a couple forum members have saying there alot dirtier of a pellet this year,I believe Hemi's post Lignetics vs fireside ultras was one post speaking of this.

BIG difference between "couple" of not so good reviews, vs the many, many that have been offered on the forum that were positive.

Plus, (and no offense to Hemi at all), he is having problems with his stove this year.

And as I remember from his post, he did say the Lig's burned hotter than the Firesides. Bottom line for me, is BTU output...I can handle a little extra ash.
If the price was right on the ligs I would have bought them as Im really not to concernd with how much ash they put out but $6.99 for ashy pellets with good heat isnt worth it,now you want to talk about ashy try some north country made by michigan good heat but tons of ash I bought two tons for 229 a ton.

SOOOOO, are lignetics the same as NEWP?? OR DID YOU GUUYS HIJACK MY THREAD????????????????????????
Not that I particularilry give a rat's patootie.
Gotta do whatcha gotta
Wanna stick w/ Maine made this year anyway, probably gonna get a ton of Athens this week to fill out the season.

hossthehermit said:
SOOOOO, are lignetics the same as NEWP?? OR DID YOU GUUYS HIJACK MY THREAD????????????????????????
Gotta do whatcha gotta
Wanna stick w/ Maine made this year anyway, probably gonna get a ton of Athens this week to fill out the season.
Sorry for stepping on your toes hoss,mental note dont hijack hossthethehermits thread 8-/

macman said:
Bottom line for me, is BTU output...I can handle a little extra ash.........

Typical multifueler talking here isn't it! :lol:

mnkywrnch said:
hossthehermit said:
Gotta do whatcha gotta
Sorry for stepping on your toes hoss,mental note dont hijack hossthethehermits thread 8-/

Oops, Sorry hoss. I didn't see your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.