newp not burning hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoop

Jan 3, 2010
hudson valley ny
Hi, this is my first post here i have been lurking for awhile, I purchased 3 tons newp after much review of this sight and hearing all the wonderful things about them. When i first started using them i thought they werent burning that hot and left alot of soot on the glass. My stove is a lopi yankee and burns anything from dry creek, pure fire, premeire, to evem cheap wal mart pellets. It wasnt until this weekend when my uncle gave me 2 bags of dry creek he had leftover from last year that i realized how bad newp were. I ran both bags consecutively and they seemed twice as hot. The blower was on high and i couldnt even stand next to the stove, barely any residue on the glass after both bags. With the newp the air from the blower just feels warm. I was wondering if anyone else had the low heat output and and lots of soot as well or i just got a bad batch? The pellets are from the schuyler ny plant.

I am burning them right now and they are driving me out of my living room. I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. Mine are from the Jaffrey NH plant.

I had/have the same problem with them.
Picked up a ton from work since we supply chips to them. I know our chips and dust is clean but don't know about other suppliers.
I pretty much have the same problem. Not much heat and dirty.
Tried a few other brands and WOW what a difference. 30-40 degrees hotter!
I told my boss about them and he said..."huh don't know what to tell you, my dad and uncle burned 24 tons last year and they were fine."
I can see why they went through 24 tons.
You can bet I won't make that mistake again. Next 2 tons will be Ligs.

Mine are from the Jaffrey plant, can just about stand to be near the stove and refill it with pellets. Maybe something with the Schuyler plant pellets? Theya re ashier than the Turman, but I can't complain about the heat.

SXIPro said:
I am burning them right now and they are driving me out of my living room. I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. Mine are from the Jaffrey NH plant.

Careful macman will want to see pics! :cheese:

smalltown said:
SXIPro said:

Careful macman will want to see pics! :cheese:

Of his stove yes....of him jumping around in shorts and a t-shirt, NO! LOL

I am burning NEWP this year and they are from the Schuyler plant. I seem to get the same heat and my glass is actually staying cleaner. I do have to clean the burn pot after every 2 or 3 bags because I get a build up of hard ash. I burned Lowes Natures Own last year and this build up never happened. The glass did get dirtier though. Also less fines in the NEWP bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.