NEWP on Boston CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradH70

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2011
South West NH
The add should read
"Went thru a 1/2 ton, almost killed my stove so I am switching to a decent pellet"

Yup, I still have 15 or so bags left. I was thinking of burning them this August to see if they would help cool the house off on the hotter days.

Seriously though, I get as much as 75* hotter air on the low setting and well over 100* hotter air on heat level 4 with Okanagans then with NEWP. Some pellet burners have great results with NEWP.

BradH70 said:
Seriously though, I get as much as 75* hotter air on the low setting and well over 100* hotter air on heat level 4 with Okanagans then with NEWP. Some pellet burners have great results with NEWP.

Wow 75-100*F difference!! :wow:

I've got to try my Okies, for I just tried my first bag of softies (Spruce Pointe), and show a 35*F difference between Green Supreme (NEWP) and those.

But alas a flock of robins are in my back yard, so why waste the heat of the Oakies?? ;-P

1D

Yes, the Okies are hot for sure. I also just tried some Lauzon HW pellets and they are about 35-50* lower then the Okies.

Just as a side note, I am using a stack thermometer stuck to the from of the stove were it is getting hit with the hot air coming out of the baffles. When the stove is running at heat setting 4 the thermometer gets up to 500* with the Oakies. With the NEWP and Lauzon, it was getting up to around 400* on heat level 4. So maybe not "well over 100*" but the difference is significant.

Yuph, I think we all have different ways to measure the temperatures, so I pay little attention to the actual readings, but more attention to the temperature differences between different pellets.

I have found that I can tune the stove to get most pellets closer for less differential.

The Spruce Pointe pellets are the hottest I've tested so far besting the Somerset pellets by about 5-8*F.

I've yet to test Oakies or GT.

1D

those lauzon pellets you mentioned,are they cubex?they are supposed to be a great pellet so i am a little surprised at the deg difference between them and the okies.not so surprised at the newps

Franks said:
The add should read
"Went thru a 1/2 ton, almost killed my stove so I am switching to a decent pellet"

HEY, It only took me 3 or 4 bags to decide I didn't like them. Too much ash and left my glass dirty and sticky. As I said in my ad I prefer the "super" premium pellets and have been happier paying for them. I think I am offering a fair deal for those that like NEWP

oldmountvernon said:
fmsm said:
Franks said:
The add should read

HEY, It only took me 3 or 4 bags to decide I didn't like them. Too much ash and left my glass dirty and sticky. As I said in my ad I prefer the "super" premium pellets and have been happier paying for them. I think I am offering a fair deal for those that like NEWP

it is a great deal for NEWP's but if you know Green Supreme are rebagged Newp's then it dont look so good :)

My local Lowes wants over $5 bucks a bag for Green Supremes!

Status
Not open for further replies.