NEWP Premium Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkabranc

Minister of Fire
Oct 23, 2007
South Coast MA
What is the difference is between NEWP Premium in red/brown lettered
bag vs. green lettered bags?

tinkabranc said:
What is the difference is between NEWP Premium in red/brown lettered
bag vs. green lettered bags?

The brown lettered are made by New England Pellet. The green lettered are made by Pinnacle (I think), shipped to a distribution facility in Palmer, MA and bagged there. Both are good pellets in my opinion. Of course, every stove is different, and handling can affect the quality of the pellets.

I was told (not sure if true)
The Red lettered bags were manufactured and bagged in the Jaffery, NH Plant
The Green lettered bags come from Palmer, Ma. Which is a distribution point.

---Nailer---

all true
brown lettered bags are manufactured and bagged in Jaffrey
green lettered are bagged in Palmer....
BUT
The difference is the Jaffrey blend is hardwood
Palmer blend is Canadian softwood.....and yes I believe it is pinnacle brand shipped in by rail....
Anyone buy NEWP from new york yet?
Anyhow both are good pellets, but I've noticed the softwoods form alot less clinkers than the Hardwoods..

I'm on my second ton of NEWP from the new plant near Utica, NY.

No fines, consistent sizes, burn well.

Now if I could only find my entire supply for next year (5 ton) for less than $200/ton, I'd be a happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.