NEWP selling different quality to different dealers? Fairytales?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fmsm

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2011
South of Boston MA
I was on the road today and stopped into "The Stove Shop" in Worcester MA to see if I could score a few bags of strange and was told by a gentleman that I assume was the owner that "his" NEWP were different than other NEWP's. He said they only send him pellets from the good runs of production. Now I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night! To me this is what gives honest hard working salespeople bad names. Come on pal, different pellets just for you?

.....He said they only send him pellets from the good runs of production. Now I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night! To me this is what gives honest hard working salespeople bad names. Come on pal, different pellets just for you?

Let me guess....he also owns "Honest Abe's" used car lot....."this car was only driven to church on Sunday's.....".....well, you know the rest.

Reactions: P38X2
I have heard some are only stocking pellets from the Jaffery plant. Due to quality concerns from the other mills. But a dealer getting special stock? I highly doubt it unless they are selling a custom bagged pellet or are really a large volume seller.

For instance woodpellets.com is selling Clean Fire Hardwoods, They are re-bagged NEWPS. The Quality rivals the NEWPS to a tee! No special runs IMHO. And they move a heck of a lot of pellets for NEWP! About all they get is a special price for purchasing a large volume!

Personally I have burned all that NEWP markets. Warm front-Green Supreme's-NEWP and the Clean Fires. Yeah there may be some batch variance and some mill variance. But IMHO for the most part they use about the same stuff across the board!

Funny what a dealer will say to get the sale! :mad:

Extremely unlikely but an amusing story. I can see a company switching to softwood for a shortish run (Valfei, MWP) or a company offering 2 types of pellets, but a "special" run for one dealer? I definitely would have called him out on it purely for entertainment purposes.

Those must be the high octane pellets that cause all the fires at NEWP.

Ive dealt with him and his wife, since they are one of the Harman dealers in my area, and I would say i left the store feeling like i got a bad deal on a Buick. Needless to say, I make the ride to Barre now when i need Harman stuff

Yup, you are definitely talking to a used car salesman there. I have never gotten the warm and fuzzies talking to him.
When NEWP had severe quality problems from the NY plant they were swapping pellets to try and make things right
with the consumer. I went in here talked to them per NEWP as he is a local dealer. He couldn't of cared less, was no help.
Call me in week, blah, blah, blah. Blew me off for a month. Called NEWP back, they sent me elsewhere, problem solved.
One guy lost a customer another guy gains a customer.

Hey jtakeman, are you sure about the Cleanfire Hardwoods? Is that new this year?
It's just that I get no heat from NEWP ( I have tried in 07' 09' 11' and 12')
used 4 tons of Cleanfire's last year and they were great for me
pondering getting some more this year

thanks for sharing your knowledge as it is wonderful to read

I was on the road today and stopped into "The Stove Shop" in Worcester MA to see if I could score a few bags of strange and was told by a gentleman that I assume was the owner that "his" NEWP were different than other NEWP's. He said they only send him pellets from the good runs of production. Now I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night! To me this is what gives honest hard working salespeople bad names. Come on pal, different pellets just for you?

BU**chit, Like Andy said you are better off going to Barre.

Status
Not open for further replies.