NEWP Survey??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mascoma

Feeling the Heat
Jul 23, 2008
Upper Valley NH
Just filled out a survey for NEWP that came in my email to win 1 year of pellets...

Did anyone else who filled it out get the feeling they are either considering importing pellets or worried about competitors importing pellets? Maybe I'm off base.

I got that survey too, but I didn't get that feeling. I thought they were just feeling out the market, in general.

mascoma said:
Just filled out a survey for NEWP that came in my email to win 1 year of pellets...

Did anyone else who filled it out get the feeling they are either considering importing pellets or worried about competitors importing pellets? Maybe I'm off base.
Hey what survey? Where do I find it?

Got mine today and filled it out. Like jtakeman said "what the heck it's free" I thought it was interesting that amongst other things they asked would 25 lbs. Bags be a good idea. I think so provided the price per ton stays the same or pretty close.

I got the impression that they were trying to find out what's important to their market in general, but were also specific about "Made in America" and "Made in New England". Since we're not importing pellets from Madagascar, I imagine they have Canada in mind.

Hey BTU, did you fill out your survey? :)

It wasn't a paper survey, it was electronic. The recipients were, according to introductory email, those who had previously submitted their names for the monthly 1 ton raffle. So, if you had ever entered their raffle, you would have likely received the survey notification.

Having done market research in a previous life, I would say they are feeling out the market and assessing customer's needs. With questions about bag size, annual usage, purchase location, and quality issues feature prominently in the instrument, they are likely trying to find niches that can be exploited better.

An assessment like this is useful in determining whether people are buying simply on price or whether other factors weight heavily in the purchase decision. This would be very important to NEWP as they do not sell to "big-box" retailers. Generally, it was a good instrument, although if the sample population was only the monthly raffle participants, the responses will have a bias towards NEWP (that is, I bet most people who submit an entry are already likely to use NEWP product).

To give them credit, there probably aren't many readily available databases of pellet stove owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.