Next purchase - Cleaning Rods & Brush

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mossycup

Dec 4, 2010
Northern Illinois
I have masonry chase lined with 6" SS rigid (about 17' of pipe from cap to collar) with two <45 degree bends passing through the smoke chamber/damper to the Tee. I adjusted the elbows from their 45 degree configuration to a milder angle to acheive a straighter shot. The bends are not quite 30 degrees.

Anywho, I am going to be cleaning from the top down. Besides buying a 6" poly brush I am wondering if most rods are flexible enough to work in these bends of if I need to use a weighted or rope configured brush instead?

I picked up some rods from HD, they will make it through the 2 45* with out much trouble.

Attachments

• Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 300
I had a good success with sooteater. Used it twice this season and it's already paid off the price. See link below.

Cheers.....Som

Good day with sooteater

Thanks to the moderator that moved this thread, I have spent so much time in the Hearth forum it didn't dawn on me to scroll down to the gear section;-)

I am going to investigate the Sooteater a little more. From the looks of it the rods must be some Delrin type product. I'm a skeptic on odd Whizbangs like this but it seems to get good reviews from what I've read so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.