Next Stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
I know my Jotul 600 is only 3 yrs old but I am already thinking about my next stove for my retirement home. I am leaning towards a Soapstone Wood Stove. Anyone have any experience with this kind of stove? Pro's & Con's would be nice :)

Look up Woodstock soapstone stoves and also remember their 6 month return policy.Study their site and study it hard. A couple pros n cons.If you let your fire go out and want fast heat from a cold firebox,it'll take awhile warming all that stone but boy after an hr you'll get the best kinda smooooth heat.Hey,try it and return it after 6 months no return shipping cost to you.Buy a 2nd hand from them,go pick out your own stone,pick your own color or get a custom color.Get the best customer service out there.

http://www.woodstove.com/

Last edited:
Look up Woodstock soapstone stoves and also remember their 6 month return policy.Study their site and study it hard.You wont be sorry.
As a matter of fact call them when you're done.They'll talk to you like an old friend.

I just read the new rules and I want to state this.I wrote these replies from my own personal experience and it does not by any means mean this is the best stove out there but buddy it sure works for me.You asked about soapstone and this is the only 1 I have experience with.Sorry for all the replies.

I think the Ideal Steel Hybrid is the way many are going. From Woodstock. You can get a soapstone liner for it.

Hearthstone Mansfield is what I have and I can't say enough about it. Beautiful to look at , burns clean and holds the heat for hours after the fire dies down.

Hearthstone Mansfield is what I have and I can't say enough about it. Beautiful to look at , burns clean and holds the heat for hours after the fire dies down.
The Mansfield is a great heater and is comparable in size to the 600. That would be a good one. Hearthstone makes very nice stuff and so does Woodstock from what I hear. They are about the only companies in the soapstone corner, so it should make it easier to decide. Don't make a decision based on that money back guarantee, if you make an educated decision there would be no need to return it.:)

I would buy a woodstock.

Status
Not open for further replies.